Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista Home....back to XP Home

• Please log in to reply

patchy_pete

patchy_pete

• PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
Hi all,

Yes its offical.....i have had enough of Vista. Error after error after error. I cant even install SP1 and "Microsoft Windows Vista Escalation Support Professionals" cant even help........

So, can someone please tell me how to remove vista and reinstall XP. I have an original copy of XP Home and an Upgrade to Vista Home.

Once i have XP back, Vista is going to be thrown out the window......never again!!! :)

Help would be greatly appreciated as i am starting to loose hair.....

Peter.

:)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Boot off the XP CD and follow it through, you'll get options to wipe the machine.
However if you have a branded computer (Compaq, HP, eMachines, etc) it would be a good idea to download and burn to CD the drivers for XP for your machine model from the people who made it before you wipe it.

patchy_pete

patchy_pete

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
Hi Neil,

Already done that. The option to install XP is blacked out....cant click on it.

I heard somewere that i have to change my bios to boot from cd inorder to get this option workable. How do i do that???

Peter.