Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

screen error fix

• Please log in to reply

sportskd2

sportskd2

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
My windows vista laptop has two major issues, one it is absoulty slow, and two the computer displays messed up images. The images are dropping down towards the bottom of the screen and act like the computer is on low color properties but it is not. The background to my computers dropes and i never downloaded anything to mess up the computer, all i did was turn it on and bam the screen is terrible. Sometimes it does correct itself but the majority of the time the screen is terrible. What could be the possble reason, and what is a possible fix?

Advertisements

ipods619

ipods619

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
PLEASE DO NOT give malware advice, ipods619. You have not completed your training and this is NOT the Malware forum.

sportskd2

sportskd2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
thanks for all of the informaion ipods619 but unfortunatly, i have already removed all of the spyware and viruses with the programs you have metioned and used others such as ccleaner, and windows defragmenter. After asking a few people i know that work with computers, i have noticed that they all generally say that windows vista is a pretty slow computer all around. So it looks like i wasted some money on a computer that is slower than my windows xp. I greatly apreciate your helpful ideas though ipods619.

If anyone else reads this and finds something that is made for vista to speed up please let me know, or if you know what is goin on with the computer screen, that would be a huge help thank you.