Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to Rotate Desktop

• Please log in to reply

jacobt

jacobt

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
Hi. I have an external monitor connected to my laptop and I am trying to rotate the screen so that I can fit my tool palettes on the screen in portrait mode versus landscape mode. I go to the control panel and change the external display to "rotate 90 degrees" and I get the spinney circle and then it goes back to a normal display. I could not find any helpful information searching the Intel site. If anybody has determined a way around the issue please let me know. My specifications are below.

Laptop: Toshiba a205 (15.4" display)
Graphics: Intel ® 965 Express Chipset Family
External Monitor: Compaq 151FS 15" VGA monitor

Thanks,
Jacob

Advertisements

ipods619

ipods619

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Hey jacobt,

Well, I'm not 100% sure, but I'd say that it has to do with the Graphics Card.

I will research this matter further for you and will let you know the outcome, but I'd say that that card that came with your laptop is probably not configured/able to have the ability to Rotate the screen.

Again, I'll find out and let you know.

(another thing you can do is call Toshiba and ask for their help... 1-800-457-7777 option 1, then option 3)

Regards,

jacobt

jacobt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Hi. Thanks for your reply. I have actually resolved this particular problem by experimenting with some different drivers. However, I have a different problem now. I tried calling Toshiba support one time not so long ago. They were pretty much totally useless. I remember back in the day, they had excellent support. Anyway, thanks again for your reply. I've noticed that in these forums, a lot of people read posts but nobody ever responds... Or maybe it's just me.

Jacob

Cross-reference with post:
http://www.geekstogo...57#entry1274657

ipods619

ipods619

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Jacobt,

Glad to hear your problem was resolved. I agree, Toshiba used to have excellent support, but they are slowly withering away.

As for the late response, the volunteers here at GeeksToGo are (as stated) Volunteers and we try to help as many people as we can. There are some threads that just pass us by, so we actually miss them (unfortunately).

EDIT: *However, if you do not receive a response within 3 days, we ask that you post in the Waiting Room.*

And, the new thread, I will respond to that soon. :)

Regards,

Edited by ipods619, 04 July 2008 - 09:09 AM.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts

However, I do recommend that you allow 14 days for a thread before starting a new one or 'bumping' the original.

Please don't say this. It is clearly against the rules. We don't want users making multiple topics for the same issue, or bumping them. If you have not had a reply in over three days you are supposed to post in The Waiting Room, which is working very well. DO NOT make a new topic if you have received no reply.

Be more careful with your advice ipods619