Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

You don't need technical background for this

• Please log in to reply

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
Oh I just had to share this one...

Just a moment ago, I tried to log in to my Yahoo! Messenger account. I tried several times logging in but without any success. I tried checking connection preferences. I knew I was connecting to the special school network that didn't have proxies so I made sure my YM was set to use no proxies. Then I checked my computer. I did all troubleshooting methods I knew: ping, traceroute, ipconfig, everything. I even tried replacing Ethernet cables, made sure they were straight-through as I was connecting to a switch. I checked the switch configurations and made sure it didn't block anything like my MAC address or ports. Then finally, I consulted friends. They just shrugged. Then I remembered, just a few hours ago I changed my account password! I was using the wrong password after all! :)

Share your experiences as well! And we'll all have a good laugh...:)

Edited by ditrackster, 08 July 2008 - 01:43 AM.

Advertisements