Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

where is cod4 files?

• Please log in to reply

charge06

charge06

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
OK i run cod4 off of xfire which runs all games as admin in vista. I need to reinstall cod4 so i need to save my profile so i wont have to start over with ranks. The problem is I cant find my profile, i check in reg user account. i also activated the admin account and its not there. Neither is any of the mods that is installed.

does any of you know where to find it. thanks

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
The player info with all of your stats/rank/perks ect is found in the folder. Just look for mpdata.

/program files x86/activision/cod4/players/profiles/your profile/mpdata

Just copy this file off to another location. When you reinstall the game, just set everything up as you have before. All you need is to copy the mpdata file to your profile.

charge06

charge06

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
the only problem is, my profile isnt in there, that folder is empty. /program files x86/activision/cod4/players/profiles thats all no profiles in there.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Step 1: Go to the following directory:
C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles

Step 2: From the top left choose organize and then Folder and search options. Select the view tab and tick show hidden files and folders. Click OK and return to the above directory.

Step 3: Copy the now visible profile and paste into C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles. Also paste a copy to your desktop as a back up and delete the file that is in the Virtual directory. Make sure it is empty!

Step 4: Right click on the folder and if it shows the Hidden option is ticked... uncheck it. Click ok and open the folder. Now highlight the files inside. Should be 3 of them. Right click and go to properties. If they are showing up as hidden, untick that also.

Step 5: Now to test. Open COD4 and it should automatically load your profile. Choose Create Class and rename any class to a different name. Quit COD4 and open it up again. Check to see if your class was renamed. If it was, you are in luck and back in the game!

Step 6: Refer to step 2 and choose to hide your system files again.

Step 7: Make sure you make regular backups of your profile. You might also want to choose to right click the COD4 file and choose the option to always run it as an administrator.