Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Disneyland

• Please log in to reply

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
Okay everyone!
I'm going to Disneyland Monday - doing a 5-day, 4-night experience. We're going all out - staying in the Grand Californian, doing a character breakfast, early entry into the parks on one day... oooooo. I'm so excited!
I'm looking for your input: What can't I miss as part of my first visit to Disneyland/California Adventures? Is there one ride I have to go on? What are the best things to bring home?

Advertisements

Kinkme

Kinkme

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Been there done that! too many lines!

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
There is just so much good stuff so it's hard to suggest any one particular thing. Be sure to kiss Minnie for me.

Ron

SusieDent

SusieDent

Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
it must be a wonderful experience

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

it must be a wonderful experience

What? Kissing Minnie or visiting Disneyland? :)

Ron

bustermoves

bustermoves

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
i went backin 79.being 14 or 15 at the time ,i would say it was pretty cool.can only imagine what its like 30 years later.

Oblomov

Oblomov

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
Kiss Minie...Naw..... Alice, look for Alice....

Great occasion, one word... enjoy.

I've been to both Disney's in the states and the associated, Epcot, MGM-Disnay and ... and.. but it's all good fun, very well organised and the 'Cast' all work well.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
It's great, just take plenty of water(freeze it in the bottle works really well, if you don't have a freezer ask the hotel kitchen to do it for you) and some snacks to keep you going it can be a long day and it does cost a small fortune to buy anything in the park. Don't miss the fireworks either they are always good.

I always loved the star wars ride, but being a big sci-fi geek it was always going to be a favourite. The best attraction for me at least wasn't even in the park, Disney quest is absolutely amazing I went on the build your own roller coaster like a dozen times. They have a game with lightsabers and an actual Mech simulator that you can play and blow stuff up in.

To be honest the best park in Flordia is Bush Gardens but its definitely a more grown up place, the animals are good for the kids but it is the roller coasters and beer tent you go for. Bit of a drive but if you have a free day its worth the trip.

Freakshowo

Freakshowo

Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
i haven't go Disney for a long time, i wish i have time...

Bokononist

Bokononist

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Admiral, hope your trip was great.

Didn't see the thread in time to give you some ideas.

On our first trip, our youngest was 4 and I spent the whole time watching his reactions and the joy on his face. Priceless.

We are heading back out in Dec., a 21st B-Day present to him. Of all the choices he had, he wanted to turn 21 at the 'Happiest Place'. Flying the oldest out also, making it a family thing.

Hope they can keep up with the old man; I want to ride everything, eat everything and watch every parade... ( I'll be the old grey guy with the Micky ears ) :)

Let us know about your trip if you have time.

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
Admiral got into trouble with his wife for kissing Minnie!
I don't think he enjoyed the rest of the trip :)