Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to uninstall Windows Vista Home Basic

• Please log in to reply

timadamsjr

timadamsjr

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I would like to uninstall the OEM version of Windows Vista Home Basic and install Windows XP Home. Are there any special considerations that I should be aware of?

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
The one problem i ran across doing this is with a laptop that did not have XP drivers for the makers Fn utilities. This has left the touchpad working but without any settings you can change. This also left the touchpad to be quite sensitive and sometimes just touching the pad causes a double click.

SRX660

joelg88

joelg88

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Before you go ahead and install XP make sure that you check if there are XP drivers for all of your Hardware and anything else you have like printers etc