Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My computer can't find PkgMgr.exe

• Please log in to reply

Streetwise

Streetwise

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
Hello. I usually find answers to my problems here by reading about other people's misery but this time I'll need somebody's help. I've got Vista Home edition and for sometime now my computer can't install certain files because it says it can't find PkgMgr. I checked the folder Windows\system32 and the file is there alright so what can be the problem?

Advertisements

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
There are some articles on Package Manager here:
http://technet.micro...y/cc748979.aspx

Streetwise

Streetwise

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Thanks but I've already read them.

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
Well I don't know what you're trying to do, but there is a lot of info here:
http://www.google.co...G=Google Search

Streetwise

Streetwise

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
That's a lot of info Jacee. Thanks. I was trying to activate an app which I downloaded from giveawayoftheday.com. They had a seperate file to acivate it but every time I clicked it I got the message that my computer could not find pkgmgr. I've got this message before but this time I wanted to solve the issue.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Streetwise, if you waited too long to activate the game, or downloaded the game after the time period was up you are out of luck. Now you will have to go to the regular website of the game and buy it from them. I personally like game giveaway of the day because it lets me decide if i want to buy the game. I don't mind buying the games because otherwise the programmers will stop making the games if they are not getting paid. I sure wont work for anybody if i don't get paid.

It can also be said that they do have some dreadful games they host at times. I have deleted at least 10 games i did not care for after only 10 minutes of play.

I have never had any problems activating the games on either my vista or XP computers if i did it the way they explained to.

SRX660