Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help would be ssssooooooooooooo appreciated

• Please log in to reply

misssarahleigh

misssarahleigh

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok, ask as many questions as you want and apologies if i dont supply all the information you need.

My internet has been crashing for some time. if i press anything the button just does the little loading signal and nothing happens. if i shut down firefox i cannot re-open it. Sometimes turning my moden off work, somethimes not.

If i do ctl, alt, dlt, it tells gives me some error message and doesnt bring u the options. i cannot restart my laptop or shut it down i have to turn it off by the button.

Rang tiscali many times and always get a different answer from tech help, most of which i cannot understand because it takes them some time to read of that bit of paper lol

anyway they nicley sent me a wireless modem. my mothers laptop works fine, mine will not work without having the ethernet cabel plugged in. Odd, now the worst bit. when my internet crashed my mothers was perfect. my computer crashed and he's ran fiine.

so, maybe it's the laptop (only 2 month old)???????????

Any idea's cos it's killing me lol

Advertisements

hendaz

hendaz

• PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
The problem seems to be with your laptop and not your internet connection. You may have disabled your wireless connection and so that is why you can only use ethernet. More details will be required. You mention other issues aswell as your internet including shut down errors. You should not have to use the button to turn off your laptop and doing so repetively for a long period of time is not recommened. Does internet explorer work ok?

misssarahleigh

misssarahleigh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have come to realise it is my laptop. was advised to run a command promt to check my system and it shows i have corrupted files.