Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Flash Player Corrupt?

• Please log in to reply

MaDDy20002000uk

MaDDy20002000uk

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Bascially i tried YouTube one day to play a comedy video when it says "you must install flash player to view this video" which i already had!

i then went to the website and downloaded it SUCCESSFULLY <-- tis what it said ...... and still no joy!

I disabled all anti-virus, pop-ups, phishering programs.

I uninstalled it and installed it again sucessfully....

and still being a mindless piece of shite!....

any advice ................. Windows Vista 32-bit, IE 7 (newer one)

Advertisements

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
From Adobe:

On some Windows Vista systems Flash Player may be installed, but will not display Flash content. In some cases updating to the latest Flash Player using the included utility can correct the User Account Control settings that cause this problem.

To run the utility, find your installed Flash folder:
* Right-click C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil9d.exe
The letter changes with each Flash version, so may be "FlashUtilb.exe" or "FlashUtile.exe"
* Select "Run as Administrator"
* Follow the steps to complete the Flash Player installation
* Restart your computer

If this still doesn't work, download the Installer to your desktop, extract the documents, and run the installer as an Administrator like you did with the above file.