Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Avirack is gone ....pleeeeease for some help! Thank you so much.

• Please log in to reply

yvanne66

yvanne66

• Pip
  • 4 posts
:) Hi Guys,

I did something really stupid last night. :)
My PC is acting up since a while now, and since the USB Device of my EPSON Printer is not recognized by the Computer even though it has downloaded the icons and every thing else, even accepted the Printer in the Control Panel, yet it tells me that the USB device cannot locate printer. When I place my USB Cord from the Digi-Camera into it it accepts it, so it can't be that. So I thought that I simply clear the EPSON Program and upload from CD-ROM anew.
It still did not work. :)

WHILE I was doing this, I also noticed that in the Program Folder (to be found when clicking the START Menue) I still had iTunes on there, which of course doesn't connect or work either. I started to want to clear away with a lot of things where I thought that it would simply just occupy space, so I went to 'de-clutter'.
Accidently I removed RealTech AC97 (I re-uploaded that for free, yet it still doesn't bring back the sound to my computer) and then realized how it 'swallowed' my AVIRACK Icon..... I couldn't believe it!

Now I am sitting here in front of this PC and don't even have Sound!
I couldn't help but cry, because now my daughter and I don't even have music (I listen to Pandora.com), because we don't have TV either for that the Cable Company has gotten overly expensive.

Can someone please help me to find a way to get back the AVIRACK back. I have googled online things like 'download AVIRACK for free' etc..... nothing ever popped up where I don't have to leave a credit-card or verify a pay-pal account..... I don't have a credit-card and I don't have a pay-pal account. I am trying to hang in there with this Computer, for that we don't have the money right now to actually take it to a store to completely get it cleaned out and set-up new, because that's also over $100 Dollars.

If there is anyone out here that knows an 'exe', or a website that truly provides free help with getting back the AVIRACK.... that would be awesome....
Thank you so much in advance.

Peace,
Yvonne. :)

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
yvanne66,

What is AVIRACK? I did a google search and never figured out what it was.

It's possible that you didn't delete the program, only the icon for it. The program may still be on your PC. Have you tried doing a search for AVIRACK?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there,

I'm pretty sure you mean the program that comes with the AC'97 drivers download. This is called AV Rack (from memory), and the correct one for your computer should be installed once we finish working through these steps. Just bear with me, we will get your sound back. :)

Let's try something here, just follow these steps and report back with whatever information you can find:

(These instructions are for Windows XP)

• Starting from the desktop (no windows open), right-click My Computer and select Manage.
  • In the window that appears, select Device Manager from the list on the left.
Are there any yellow ? (Question marks) or other symbols? Post those lines here, if there are (or mention if there are none).

--------------------------------------------
Look on the right for motherboard make/name. Post that information here.

If it displays "unknown", try looking here instead:
  • Select DMI (underneath Summary)
  • Up the top, select Motherboard
Make and model (product) might be listed there instead (down below).

I need that information so I can find the correct download for you. There are many downloads available for AC'97 audio drivers, so it's important we get the right one for you computer (or you won't get any sound...)

Once we're finished with the sound, then we'll move on to a few steps to see if we can get the printer working once again.

Lastly, we will work through some steps that clean your computer up a bit (a spring clean, if you like). There's plenty of information on things to do, that can be found with a Google search, but not all of it is good. (Some can be a bit too "clean" and ruin your computer... :)) So we'll work through some safe and effective tips recommended by the staff of this forum.

Cheers

Troy

Edited by troy, 22 September 2008 - 06:09 AM.