Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with Storage

• Please log in to reply

Low-Tech

Low-Tech

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have Windows Vista 32-bit Operating System and I'm having problems with storage. I needed to download Java for my HP notebook and was told the computer does not have enough storage to do that. So, first I ran a disk clean-up to free up space. Although I freed up space, it was not enough. Then, I downloaded ATF-Cleaner, which also freed up some space, but not enough for me to download. So then i tried uninstalling programs in order to free up enough space, but was told that I could not uninstall programs until I installed Windows Installer. Ironically, I cannot download or install Windows Installer because there is not enough storage left on my computer to do so. What can I do to free up space? I am willing to uninstall any unnecessary programs (Quicktime, Apple programs, games, etc.) in order to free up space, I just need to know how I can do so without the advantage of having Windows Installer.

Advertisements