Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wipe Disk

• Please log in to reply

glengrt

glengrt

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I am looking for a wipe disk program that will erase ALL info (NTFS or FAT32). I would like some direction as to finding a reasonalby priced program.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello glengrt...

Darik's Boot and Nuke will write the drive to zeroes. To be doubly sure, run it twice. Oh....and it's free.

wannabe1

glengrt

glengrt

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello glengrt...

Darik's Boot and Nuke will write the drive to zeroes. To be doubly sure, run it twice. Oh....and it's free.

wannabe1

I'll give it a try.thanks

glengrt

glengrt

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello glengrt...

wannabe1

I D/L it and have it on disk.....Dosen't boot up.worth a try anyway

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Did you burn the disk as an ISO Image? This is different than burning a data cd. If you don't have a burning program capable of burning ISO images, you can use ISO Recorder...it will add "Copy Image to CD" to your "right-click" menu. Download and install the version for the machine you will create the disk on...then simply right click on the downloaded ISO image file and choose "Copy Image to CD" to start the ISO Recorder application. You should be able to burn it using default settings.

I could have been a little clearer on which file to download, too. You'll want This Version. (Direct Download)

GLENPTG

GLENPTG

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Did you burn the disk as an ISO Image? This is different than burning a data cd. If you don't have a burning program capable of burning ISO images, you can use ISO Recorder...it will add "Copy Image to CD" to your "right-click" menu. Download and install the version for the machine you will create the disk on...then simply right click on the downloaded ISO image file and choose "Copy Image to CD" to start the ISO Recorder application. You should be able to burn it using default settings.

I could have been a little clearer on which file to download, too. You'll want This Version. (Direct Download)

That is the version I have on CD........still no go.....

GLENPTG

GLENPTG

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

That is the version I have on CD........still no go.....This version is for MAC. The build.tar.tar doesen't open at all

Edited by GLENPTG, 30 November 2008 - 02:55 PM.