Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista Will Only Boot Into Safe Mode

• Please log in to reply

redline582

redline582

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Ok so I am running Vista Ultimate 64 Bit (unfortunately its an upgrade not a full install. id prefer the full install) MSI Platinum P45 Hardcore Edition, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 Ghz, 8GB GSkill DDR2 800Mhz, Western Digital 200 GB, VisionTek HD3870 512mb DDR4. Vista will only boot into safe mode and I've pretty much narrowed it down to the fact that it will not load the video driver. If i just normally boot vista it will get to the loading bar, fade a way as normal, and then nothing will happen. The screen will just stay blank. It can successfully boot into safe mode however. If i boot into safe mode and uninstall the driver for my 3870 then it can normally boot. So somehow i need a way to get my video driver to work. If anyone could help that would be great.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Have you tried booting to "safe mode with networking", and then downloading the latest video driver?

redline582

redline582

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
yes