Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista Home Premium with IE7.0

• Please log in to reply

boblink

boblink

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hi guys, when I use the Mozilla browser, UserID and Password information are saved but when I use IE7.0, I am asked for the User ID and Password even though I checked Remember User ID and Password.
I believe that I have configured Tools--->Internet Options properly but something is just not right.
When I open IE7.0 I am asked to sign-in, with Mozilla this does not happen; when I click on an imbedded icon (hyperlink) using IE7.0, IE7.0 Locks/Freezes and I need to restart IE7.0, this does not occur with Mozilla.
I do not appear to have a problem when I use Mozilla but run into ALL sorts of (minor) problems when I use IE7.0 and have stopped using IE7.0.
FYI, I have MS OneCare and ran CCleaner and have had no infections and would greatly appreciate ANY help that you can provide me.
Thank you,
Bob

Advertisements

IrrevocableXenophile

IrrevocableXenophile

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
Hey there!
So first of all, you're sure you have Tools | Internet Options | Content | AutoComplete | Settings checked on the option to save user names and passwords? If not that's your problem.
Clicking on a hyperlink and having it freeze or crash, could be a number of things. A badly installed add-on could be the problem. Try starting IE7 through the No Add-on version, most likely found in Start | Programs | Accessories | System Tools. If that works, then you could deselect add-ons, using the Add-on manager (IE7 | Tools | Manage Add-ons) until you find the one that's messin with IE.
If your having a bunch of problems with IE, perhaps just a fresh install would be good. First try resetting everything, this is a nice little tutorial.

PS. HijackThis Logs should be posted here, if you do think you have a malware problem, please post THERE, reading this first.

Best Regards,
Tony

boblink

boblink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Thanks for the suggestions Tony, I decided to bite the bullet and reinstalled Vista. So far so could but I am not sure how long this will last. If I encounter the same problem again, I'll be back but hopefully the system will keep running smoothly (at least for awhile).
Thanks,
Bob