Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

automatic clicking?

• Please log in to reply

bg82

bg82

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just got a new HP laptop with Windows Vista. When surfing the web I tend to hover the pointer over the link I'm going to click on next even though I may not actually be ready to click on it yet, but it keeps clicking automatically. I don't press the button down, but it clicks all by itself. How can I turn this feature off? I think I noticed it doing it even when I'm not on the internet, when I'm just going through folders on my desktop. I went to the mouse options in the control panel, but didn't see anything about it. Or do I just have a really sensitive button? Maybe so, since it doesn't always happen, just sometimes. Please help, it's very annoying!

Edited by bg82, 30 November 2008 - 02:06 AM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This behaviour is not Vista default. It's more likely caused by software on the computer, or the fact that on most touchpads you only have to tap the middle of the pad (accidentally or otherwise) to register a left-click. one possible fix: Go into control panel / mouse/ device settings/settings/ and UNCHECK "Enable Tapping" (this is found by highlighting tapping on left).