Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

whats that movie?!

• Please log in to reply

BS_1

BS_1

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
hey recently i was remembering this old movie i watched as a kid. i remember it freaked teh [bleep] out of me, and gave me nightmares for ages. i wouldve been 7 years old or so (not really sure) and that wouldve been about 1995-1996.
im not sure if the movie was released in that time but im pretty sure it was even old for that time. it was a colour movie maybe made 10 years earlier, but i have no idea so not sure at all. lets just say its old.

from what i remember the movie was about a small town of ppl who were all miners or seomtihng similar, maybe pumping oil or someinthg. there were some normal ppl in the town, rich ppl with no need for jobs etc. but it was a small town and sort of an isolated town and small community where everyone knew each other.

i think the story starts with a man coming to the town, new to everything, and he learns that the town is haunted. everynight at nightfall if you are caught outside of a building this big black horse drawn carriage comes and a voice summons you to get in to the carriage. i think in one scene this man gets trapped down a well and cant get home, he talks to the carriage driver or seomitnhg but doesnt get taken away.
the main scene i remember is when a big crowd of ppl are in one house and the carriage pulls up outside and someone knocks on the door, the spirit/carriage summons the main character to get in the carraige. he gets in to a fully black carraige area and just gets taken away. pretty sure thats the end of the movie.

im not EXACTLY sure of what i remember. most of these scenes are probably just similar or else totaly different to what i think. but if this is even slightly familiar to anyone can you please name the movie that you think it is. thanks a lot

Advertisements

zed1

zed1

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
Not so sure but it sounds kinda like Darby O'Gill and the Little People. Check it out at this address: http://disneydvd.dis...tle-people.html

BS_1

BS_1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
wow you actually found it. thats so pro. haha cant believe i forgot that there were little ppl in the movie. somehow that wasnt memorable. shouldve known it was a disney movie since they always make freaky or sad movies for KIDS. THANKS alot

zed1

zed1

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
You're welcome, what rang the bell for me was the carriage...good old movie and just think at the time the FX for the film was cutting edge tech.