- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Antivirus 2009 is fake security software that's goal is to make you purchase the program in order to remove the "infections" it detects. These Antivirus 2009 fake error messages can be in the system bar, browser, popup. Don't buy Antivirus 2009! Remove Antivirus 2009!

antivirus_2009.jpg

To remove Antivirus 2009, please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here.

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When Antivirus 2009 disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.

=====================================================================
This is a self-help guide. Use at your own risk.

Important Note: If you need assistance with Antivirus 2009 removal, please start a new topic in our Malware Removal Forum.

Advertisements

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Can Antivirus 2009 be removed with only MBAM? I usually have more difficulty...

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
MBAM usually does a pretty good job of removing Antivirus 2009. Unfortunately, there are often other infections along with it.

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Gotcha. That's probably what I usually end up running into. Thanks for the advice :)

Epsilon

Epsilon

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
I removed this from my friends computer not to long ago perhaps a month. I also took it out of the msconfig startup tab, and deleted everything initiated with it then deleted the .exe with taskmanager would this fully remove it or would there be traces of it else were I should be looking I did a HJK scan on his computer as well and removed it.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
There would be more there

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
I had a friend with this and used MBAM - it WILL remove this (as has been stated above) :)

Brian

Edited by **Brian**, 05 December 2008 - 06:45 AM.

Rawley

Rawley

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I got this virus on my computer last week. Couldn't find any info on it as to what it was called. It would redirect IE and Firefox to random sites, one was the Antivirus2009 and a myriad of other sites.

It kept repicating dlls in my windows\system32 directory with random consonant-vowel 8 character filenames. It would also create .INI files of 1 Megabyte size and small extensionless files. Some of the replicated dlls I could delete and some I couldn't. I used process explorer to look at the stuff running. The dlls would piggyback off of each process that was running.

The files names were things like jopetefu.dll, uletihor.ini, and zunapoma.

I booted up a version of puppy linux I keep around from CD-ROM, mounted my windows partition and deleted the dlls and INI files associated with this, then booted up windows in safe mode and used regdll view to remove the registry entries. System seems to be fine ever since.

**Brian**

**Brian**

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
Just FYI:

I clicked on the Antivirus 2009 JPG pic in Admin's first Post, and I got an error message stating that I didn't have permission to view the information - asked me to login to view it, and I was already logged in :)

Brian

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
@ Brian, it was a permission problem exclusive to the GeekU member groups, fixed now.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

It kept repicating dlls in my windows\system32 directory with random consonant-vowel 8 character filenames. It would also create .INI files of 1 Megabyte size and small extensionless files. Some of the replicated dlls I could delete and some I couldn't. I used process explorer to look at the stuff running. The dlls would piggyback off of each process that was running.

The files names were things like jopetefu.dll, uletihor.ini, and zunapoma.

It sounds like your Antivirus 2009 infection had a rootkit component. Since it appears that you know at least enough to be dangerous, you may want to run GMER to see if it's been removed. A better idea would be to start with our Malware Removal Guide. Then start a new topic in the malware removal forum, and let us take a look for you.

zelinfenrir

zelinfenrir

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I have installed Malware bytes, but my computer is not allowing me to run the exe to perform the scan.

It doesn't run in safe mode either. What should I do?

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

I have installed Malware bytes, but my computer is not allowing me to run the exe to perform the scan.

It doesn't run in safe mode either. What should I do?

Important Note: If you need assistance with Antivirus 2009 removal, please start a new topic in our Malware Removal Forum.

**Brian**

**Brian**

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

@ Brian, it was a permission problem exclusive to the GeekU member groups, fixed now.

Thanks Admin - I figured it may be a permission problem, thanks for fixing it :)

Brian

Bonzai82

Bonzai82

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
I've use SuperAntispyware to remove Anitvirus 2009 on few computers and it did a good job.It also removes Spyware 2009.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured
Malware Removal How to Guides Windows 7 System Building Download Files Register welcome

Never used a forum? Learn how.