Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound question

• Please log in to reply

blazzin420

blazzin420

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
My question is that i have a surround sound hooked up to my computer i can get sound coming out of all of them but thats only if i mess around with my sound program(realtek HD audio manager) and when i mean mess around its like putting my sound on forest, concert hall, cave etc. things like that but they echo and just dun sound right so does anyone know of a good program i can use that will give me good sound and able me to use all my speakers( its 5 speakers btw)

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there,

What motherboard do you have?

Troy

blazzin420

blazzin420

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
asus p5q mobo

jsef120

jsef120

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
to get good quality out of your hardware always update your drivers and and check its website for new software update and freebeez

if your into movies then check out the coolest media player that you can find in the net DL it or buy it its up to you

blazzin420

blazzin420

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
i got the lastest drivers and useing WMP11 as of right now but the audio program that comes with my MoBo sucks like if i leave it on normal then i only get sound out of 1 speaker but if i change it to the other seeting like forest, hall, bathroom it echo's and sucks so i just want to know if theres a better audio program i can use to tune my sound setting's

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
So on Normal, you get sound out of 1 speaker only... But if you change it, then sound comes out of all 5.1 speakers, but sounds with a bad echo? That is really weird.

The latest drivers I can find on the ASUS website are Version 5.10.0.5657/6.0.1.5696 released 2008/11/20 update - can you confirm you have this driver?

What speakers do you have? You might want to double check (work your way through the manual) that you have set everything up correctly and all are plugged into the correct ports on your I/O panel.

Troy

jsef120

jsef120

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
i think your pc is all set all you have to do now is find those movies that support surround sound (SS)

or you can add some more stuff like amps, or more satellite speakers, you just make sure that your listening to a cd or dvd that supports SS

blazzin420

blazzin420

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
k thanks everyone