Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Delete A Program

• Please log in to reply

December

December

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I upgraded to Windows Vista, I also downloaded PC MightyMax and now I can't get it completely deleted. I can find it, but I can't get it deleted. :) Thank You

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Did you use "Programs and Features" in Control Panel to uninstall it?

December

December

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
No, the program I want to delete was just downloaded. I don't know how it got to where it is. I uninstalled it I deleted the icons, but it is still on my computer. There is an icon also, but this program is not hidden and does not show up when I use the control panel. It takes me awhile to find it, but when I do, it won't delete. Thanks :) :)

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I don't understand.
You say "the program was...just downloaded", and then "I uninstalled it".
How can you try to uninstall it, if you didn't install it, but just downloaded?

December

December

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
:) Confusing, aren't I. I should of said I downloaded it and after I ordered it then I downloaded it. It did fix most of my problems, color on my computer, missing programs etc. But when I got home, these things were fixed, but now I have some other problems. So I have removed it from everywhere. It has been uninstalled, but it's somewhere else on my computer, which won't allow me to delete it. You won't see it in your programs, folders or even anywhere on the computer, but It is there. I can find it but not delete it. How am I doing, clearer? :)

December

December

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Yes I did, that's gone, but I still have an icon at the bottom of the page and it is out on my computer. I'll go into it again and try to get more information