Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista Login Screen Alt Ctrl Del is non responsive

• Please log in to reply

Cyrus2576

Cyrus2576

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I have Vista Home edition on a computer with a dual boot system 2 80G hard drives 2 gig ram. When I try to load my vista it starts and comes to the screen that says press alt+ctrl+del to login comes up because I do have a password for the account but when I press alt+ctrl+del nothing happens it just sits there. I can click on the blue icon that lets me make text speech and such in lower left but alt+ctrl+del does nothing. Any thoughts?

Advertisements

lurky

lurky

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
See if you can load that OS in safe mode? Let me know :)

Cyrus2576

Cyrus2576

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Nope same issue....won't let me press alt+ctrl+del can click the ease of use button but that's it. I suspect my system has some major issues. I had Spyware Guard 2008 on my XP drive....I did get rid of that however the XP drive won't let me install my copy of Trend Micro Internet Security 2009 or Spysweeper. I definitely need some help here. Thanks

lurky

lurky

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Do you have the media you used to install Vista? You should be able to boot off the disk and access Microsoft System Restore, allowing you to possibly restore back to a point when it worked properly.

As far as the viruses on your xp volume; it's pretty unlikely that they got ahold of your vista partition. Unless you managed to re infect that OS as well.

As a last resort, you might want to try a repair install of windows.

Cyrus2576

Cyrus2576

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Won't let me boot from disk or run a windows repair install for it. It's pretty frustrating at this point I'm not sure what else to do.