Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with my browsers

• Please log in to reply

jerryl

jerryl

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi I guess I'll start here. :) My operating system is Vista and my problem is my browsers (I use Firefox,IE, and just downloaded Google Chrome.)
First off is it ok to have multiple browsers on your computer desktop-ready to use? My wife says no, I say yes.
My trouble began a short time ago when Firefox (my favorite) began to leave a box telling me it had crashed when I would close out of it.
It would give me the options of "quiting" "restarting" and it would send a report, telling me it was "to resolve the problem".
I haven't used IE much so not sure about it.
This morning I decided to get my bookmarks from Firefox over there on Chrome and suddenly Google Chrome crashes too.
All the browsers still work they are just slow and tell me they've crashed from time to time.
I went through the steps recommended here before you post about your problem. and downloaded the recommended Malwarebytes, and Avast, and ran them using the deep scan mode.
Things are a little better but not back to normal.
Anyway I'm hoping some really sharp Computer Geek will take up my case and help me out. There will be some compensation in order
for whoever can get me back trouble free Internet use!
So I'll shut-up now and wait for my savior to answer. :)

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
First of all, your wife owes you. You can have as many browsers, as you want, and you can have them all open at the same time (computer resources permitting).
Now...
Close Firefox. Go Start>All Programs>Mozilla Firefox, click on Mozilla Firefox (safe mode). Same thing, or better?

jerryl

jerryl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi Broni,
Thanks for your reply, :) Better I think, after running the recommended software it's better in regular mode also. I have a blog www.cashblog-n.com that I found has a lot of errors in it and wasn't showing my AdSense ads but I think the problem was on my computer only. Anyway the ads now show up, but getting around on my blog is really slow, but that is because of the errors in the programing? Here's the error page
As I went to get the link to show you the error page it didn't want to load, so I guess slow load times is my main issue at this point.
Thanks again for your help Broni, I'll wait to hear back.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
www.cashblog-n.com doesn't even want to load for me, so there is something wrong with that site.
If Firefox is faster in Safe Mode, that means, you have some add-ons problem.
Start Firefox normally, disable all add-ons (Tools>Add-ons), restart Firefox, and see, if surfing is better.

jerryl

jerryl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
I don't even have any add-ons Broni, Another thing I forgot to mention is when I first try to load Firefox or Mozilla Thunderbird (for my email) neither one will load up unless I close-reopen-close-reopen you get the idea. Now this is after the computer has been idle for a while, or of course first time it's fired up that day.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Try Firefox clean install: http://kb.mozillazin...talling_Firefox

jerryl

jerryl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Thanks for your help Broni,
I'll give that a shot and see what happens. I was afraid I had some bad virus or something but from my reading a lot of people have much worse problems than me with Firefox and sounds like IE isn't that great either. I wonder why Google Chrome told me it crashed too, is this just going to happen
no matter which browser you use? I guess there are just so many variables involved with software, browsers, ect. none are perfect right?
Anyway I appreciate you taking time out of your day to help me out!

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
You're welcome :)
It's always a good idea to see, if your computer is clean.
I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).