Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with IE and Firefox on vista

• Please log in to reply

Joshey

Joshey

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Well basicly i got this problem a little while ago, it started with IE suddenly stopping working, mysteriously it didnt affect the other programs accessing the internet. So i switched to firefox and that was fine, so for a while i tried to fix the problems i had but i couldn't find a solution so i gave up and just used firefox. Soon after that firefox had the same mysterious problem, i then switched to safari and that was perfectly fine. But just today safari stopped aswell, and now i only have one option left (im using limewire) and im worried this to will stop soon. So im hoping i can stop this now and get it all running again. So if anyone has ideas on how to solve this problem please post them here as ive ran out of options.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Go Start>Run ("Start search" in Vista).
Type in:
cmd
Click OK (hit Enter in Vista).

At Command Prompt, type in:
ping www.google.com > ping.txt
Hit Enter.

In Window Explorer navigate to:
C:\Documents and Settings\your_name (C:\Users\your_name in Vista)
Double click on ping.txt to open it in Notepad.
Copy all text, and post it in your next reply.

Joshey2009

Joshey2009

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Sorry about the change in account the other one went wierd and randomly disappeared off there server :). Here's the info i got anyway.

Pinging www.l.google.com [216.239.59.103] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 216.239.59.103: bytes=32 time=93ms TTL=247

Reply from 216.239.59.103: bytes=32 time=101ms TTL=247

Reply from 216.239.59.103: bytes=32 time=31ms TTL=247

Reply from 216.239.59.103: bytes=32 time=27ms TTL=247

Ping statistics for 216.239.59.103:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 27ms, Maximum = 101ms, Average = 63ms

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
That means, your connection is working.

I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).