Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ITunes error message

• Please log in to reply

paulcole

paulcole

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
Another day another problem

Can anyone offer help

I have used a program called Windows Installer Cleanup utility to wipe away any installations files that was stopping me updating my Lexmark drivers

Problem is I think I may have wipped away other information that is needed

For example

I have tried to click on my ITunes desktop icon and the following message appears

Action problem with shortcut this action is only valid for products that are currently installed

Do I need to re-install ITunes???

Because If I go to where my music is storred and click to open with Itunes it opens Itunes with ALL my music still in place

Also if I have to re-install ITunes what is the best way for me to save ALL my music so when I re-install I can import it from 1 location

Appreciate your time

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
go ahead and try to reinstall itunes. All of your music and so forth should remain unchanged. You should need to do anything else except download itunes again from Apple. If you have more issues just let us know.

paulcole

paulcole

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Thanks I re-installed iTunes and everything worked ok

But now it is saying the same question when I try to open any microsoft office program ie word and excell but it is opening microsoft outlook

is there any way of restoring word excell

Thanks

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
yep. same thing as itunes. you will probably need to reinstall or at least do a repair.

paulcole

paulcole

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
this problem is now resolved