Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue screen errors all the time (different codes)

• Please log in to reply

tomdrayson

tomdrayson

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Hi, over the past 3 or 4 days Vista has been crashing (blue screen) at least once every 2 hours with a different error almost every time.
No new hardware or software has been installed other than "Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Junk Email Filter (KB959141)" from Windows Update on the 15th - but I don't think this is the cause....!

Here are the stop codes I have had just from today:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
0x0000000A

SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION
0x000000C1

?
0x000000C5

?
A driver corrupted pool memory used for holding pages destined for disk
0x000000DE

BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER
0x000000FE
I've had this one several times today.

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
0x0000004E
Several times.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
dxgkrnl.sys
0x00000050

I have tried to read about these errors on the Microsoft website, and on other forum topics found via Google, but I don't really understand what to do.
Do you think I need some new RAM?

Here are my system specifications:
PSU - OCZ StealthXStream 700W
Motherboard - Gigabyte EP45-DS3
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E8600
RAM - 4x1GB OCZ PC2-6400
Video - Gigabyte Geforce 8600GT 512MB

These errors occur seemingly randomly; sometimes whilst playing games, sometimes watching video, sometimes copying/moving files, sometimes just listening to music or browsing the internet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Tom

Advertisements

tomdrayson

tomdrayson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Wow; 92 views and no replies!
For anyone who is interested here is my solution to this problem:
After reading a lot further into the blue screen errors, it turns out that Vista 32-bit doesn't seem to like 4x1GB sticks of RAM.
The system works fine with any 2 out of the 4 sticks - none are defective and I get no blue screen errors at all.
I have now bought a new 2x2GB Corsair kit - all 4GB are recognized by Vista and I have had no problems since.
So, don't try and use 4x1GB sticks of RAM with Vista 32.
Tom