Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Facebook Scam

• Please log in to reply

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
http://redtape.msnbc...st-1.html#posts

Advertisements

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
another money scam in action.... If I can't personally talk to my so called friend, I surely wouldn't send money.

Dyamond

Dyamond

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
The problem with this is people put all their information out there.... name, address, phone number, d.o.b, email address, city, state, high school and then wonder why/how they get scammed...? Sometimes all someone needs to get is your full name and d.o.b.

On facebook.. I dont have my hometown listed, no highschool, job, address, phone number, email address, no d.o.b. I dont even use my full name. I had someone once ask me why I have no personal info listed (someone who wasnt on my friends list and was trying to find me) and I replied.. well, if your my friend there is no need for me to list all that information because you should already know it.

I tell everyone, ONLY put online info about yourself that you are comfortable with ANYONE finding out. That way, if someone does happen to hack you, phish you.. your sorta ok.