Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Got the blue screen of death

• Please log in to reply

Jaba the Hut

Jaba the Hut

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Well was installing a program and all of a sudden, not sure if the computer was doing too much at once but it went to blue screen of death. After the blue screen came a second time I ran through the do it yourself virus cleaner on the forums and here is my hijack this log:

Advertisements

Quackers88

Quackers88

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Sorry, I don't know anything about Hijackthis logs, but I would boot into safe mode (tap F8 during startup) and remove the program I had been trying to install.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
The log is clean...

Download, and install WhoCrashed: http://www.resplende...rashedSetup.exe
Open it, click Analyze button.
WhoCrashed will create report.
Copy, and paste it into your next reply.

Jaba the Hut

Jaba the Hut

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
well shows that in the conclusion that i have no crash dumps...odd. guess my computer just wasn't working properly

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Does it say, the dumps are enabled?

Jaba the Hut

Jaba the Hut

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

No crash dumps have been found on your computer

my computer is still acting pretty weird and slow, but i don't know...maybe i'm just losing it.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Please, post some computer info:
- processor type, amount of RAM (hold Windows logo key, hit Pause/Break key)
- hard drive size/free space (open "My Computer", right click on hard drive letter, click "Properties")

What do those BSOD errors say? Are you doing anything particular, when they happen?

Jaba the Hut

Jaba the Hut

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Window's Vista Home Basic 32-bit Op System

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80557E6600
RAM: CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X2048-6400
Hard drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
Case: COOLER MASTER Centurion 534 RC-534-SKN2-GP Black / Silver Aluminum & Mesh bezel / SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Pwr Supply: PC Power & Cooling S61EPS 610W Continuous @ 40°C EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply
Vid Card: EVGA 320-P2-N811-AR GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

just had some help 2 summers ago with a few computer engineering friends of mine during college that helped me build the comp. Copy and pasted my newegg invoice description

Edited by Jaba the Hut, 06 February 2009 - 07:12 PM.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts

What do those BSOD errors say? Are you doing anything particular, when they happen?

Jaba the Hut

Jaba the Hut

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
haven't had them in a while, can't quite remember what they said but my computer could be clean by now...just seems to be running a bit differently ever since the occurrences had happened...thanks for the help anyways

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Post back, when it happens again (nooooooooooooooo).