Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

batch file for installing software

• Please log in to reply

glen_m_32

glen_m_32

• PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
hi people.

I want to create a batch whereby it installs 3 peaces of software (apache, php and MySQL). i wan this to be done almost silently, so i can click go and it completes the install with all the custom settings.

Can anyone help with that? i wouldn;t know where to start! i have tried looking it up on google, but have not come up with any success

thanks for your help

Glen

Advertisements

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Hi Glen,

Ever considered using XAMPP?
http://www.apachefri...g/en/xampp.html

It needs some tinkering, but it beats having to install them all separately.

glen_m_32

glen_m_32

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
I have considered that, but when i have used it in the past, but we couldn't get it working properly with some of the config mod's we do. we have resorted back to the seperate versions.

i have the modded config file ready on our test server, but there are numerous people interested in buying this software from us and a bat file to install all the software correctly would be genious!

thanks for your help