Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virtumonde/Vundo infection and other trojans

• Please log in to reply

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
If it has not neutralized the items yet just finish the scan.
If it found Virut the machine will more than likely be unbootable if it deletes those files, because it is a file infecterit has infected many system files that will get deleted, we need to attempt to clean the infected files.
If it won't neutralize them yet just save the log when it is done.
Post it here please.
Just the infected items only.

Advertisements

Lambent

Lambent

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I actually just found a recovery disc that apparently came with the laptop. I'm thinking now that maybe a reformat would be for the best, but even with the disc in the drive, it's detecting that I have a recovery partition and is redirecting me to that instead of booting from the disc.

And as I've already mentioned, the recovery partition seems to be compromised, giving a c00002la fatal error every time I try to engage it.

Any advice on how to fully remove the Gateway recovery software that is on the partition?

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
See if this link helps:
http://support.gatew...XPMC0su13.shtml