Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows xp not letting me log in? Malware?

• Please log in to reply

quarantine

quarantine

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Fist off I am running Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 SP2

Today I scanned for malware with "MalwareBytes" It detected some malware and I told it to remove the malware, some of the malware was in the memory so malwarebytes told me to restart my computer.

After my computer restarted it was at the welcome screen waiting for me to select a user to login.

I click my user (only user on the computer) and it said "Loading preferances" Or what ever text is under the icon when you select your user to login, it shows my wallpaper for a brief moment then immediately logs me out and I am back at the user welcome screen.

I've tried scanning for malware again and tried removing the malware but I still can't login.

NOTE* I can still boot in safe mode, right now I am in safe mode with networking while I am writing this.

Any suggestions?

Advertisements