Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HJT log and some serious problems

• Please log in to reply

msdstc

msdstc

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok so got a virus from my father. All sorts of pop ups, frozen taskbar. Run malwarebytes then reboot. My login screen has changed and still have the problem. Run it again, only this time I get the blue screen of death with the problem of user32.dll erased, etc. Slave my drive, run some scans, then eventually do a repair install of xp pro. So I finally get everything all set up again after about a week of looking for my xp disc. Login and surprise, still have the awful virus.

I get some advice, go into safe mode, run combo fix, then malwarebytes. I log back on and now viola, no popups, no slowdown etc. only one problem... I still can't click my taskbar! It's active, everythign updates on it, but I can't click it. I also can press the windows button and the start menu comes up. What's the problem here? Also I'm pretty sure I'm still infected. I attached the HJT log.

edit-nvm I can't upload my log:(

Edited by msdstc, 02 March 2009 - 09:59 PM.

Advertisements

msdstc

msdstc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I apologize about not reading the rules. Is there anyway somebody could help me out though? At least look over a log if it's requested.

msdstc

msdstc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Update to the situation. I checked my msconfig start up and it is LOADED with all sorts of random programs from temp folders. All of them made up of random letters and numbers. They are the same processes that would start up before I ran combofix. Anybody who could please check over my HJT :).

msdstc

msdstc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
bump... anyone :)?