Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

svchost.exe Application Error

• Please log in to reply

nora_rodriguez

nora_rodriguez

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My computer has been displaying this message constantly:

svchost.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x75606eb5" referenced memory at "0x00000008". The memory could not be "read".
Click on OK to terminate the program

When I click "OK", the message continues to appear. I am using Mozilla and Internet Explorer (Windows XP). The error doesn't seem to come up as much in Mozilla but in IE, I can't even navigate from page to page without it popping up.

Also, I've noticed my Windows Firewall is off every time I restart my computer. I know I didn't turn it off and when I try to turn it on, I get this message:

Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running. Do you want to start windows firewall/internet connection sharing (ICS) service?

So I click "Yes" and it just tells me: Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection (ICS) Service.

Another thing is that when I go to update my virus definitions like Ad-Aware, AVG Antispyware, or Spybot Search & Destroy, it keeps telling me it cannot connect to the servers.

I've also done all of this in safe mode as well as turning off my automatic updates, restarting my computer and then going to the Microsoft website to do manual updates, but my computer redirects me to the Google search engine website instead of the update page for Microsoft.... HELP!

Advertisements