Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

vista home premium/product key

• Please log in to reply

dragonborn

dragonborn

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i bought vista from a computer store,installed at home,everything went fine.then i got the activation screen put in the code from sticker that i have
said was invalid,i brought it back to the shop,the did somthing problem went away.then i had to replace the motherboard,then windows did all kinds of goofy things so i wiped harddrive and reinstalled windows but know i have activation prob again,my sticker with key got ruined to the point that it cant be read,the store were i got it is out of business,micosoft says they show that my product num was used on a differnt computer,the store ashured me that my disk was fresh,is there any way to fix the problem or will i need to buy new one.

Advertisements

charge06

charge06

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
It is most likely an OEM copy of vista, And once you replaced ur mobo it has to be reinstalled, it it works since in a way its a new comp.

Thats why Microsoft is saying it was used on a diff comp. and also since ur key somehow got ruined on the case, will will prob end up getting a new copy of vista.