Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

.avi and .mp3 got converted to .jpeg.

• Please log in to reply

runny21

runny21

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi guys,

Two days back my system got infected with a malware , which converted all my .mp3 and .avi files to jpeg. I did a deep scanning of my system and bitdefender found the malware which was residing in C:/windows/system32/mcont (mcont: mediacontrol)and also as a startup items, which was undoing the changes when i was trying to convert it back to .mp3. I deleted the malware , removed it from the startup item and also deleted it from registry. Now i have changed my videos back to .avi and all are working fine as they were only 30 files and i did change it one by one.. I cannot afford to sit and manually change my 500 mp3 files one by one.. Please Help!!!! :) :)

Thanks,

~ R

Advertisements