Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Getting rid of viruses Win32/Tanatos.M and Win32/Huer from iPod Classi

• Please log in to reply

TheFear

TheFear

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My computer back home got infected with some trojan thing, and Win32/Tanatos.M and Win32/Huer got installed, i'll have to format my hard drive (no antivirus except AVG works), but that's another question i'll be asking soon.......(Seen a thread here, so will refer to it time being)

Anyways, i connected my iPod (Classic 120 GB) to it to get some file (before i realized that there was a virus in the computer), now i'm afraid of connecting my iPod to any computer (these viruses are some deadly stuff). But otherwise my iPod functions normally. The only thing is, its become a carrier.

How can i remove the viruses without losing the music??? (Filled with ~60 GB of music, most of which i deleted from my comp to save space), and yeah how can i prevent the virus from transferring from my iPod to the host PC when connected???

I HATE AVG (It says that every file is infected according to its resident sheild, and so all these files end up going to the virus vault! basically screwing up alot of applications) Think i should use Norton Stinger??

THANKS IN ADVANCE! :)

Advertisements