Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unidentified problem

• Please log in to reply

charles.actuary

charles.actuary

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
I have been helping my son try to remove problems from his computer, but we have got stuck. Windows version is Vista Home Premium.

We worked through your guide, amd Malwarebytes AnitMalware identified a number of Trojans which it says that it dealt with.

We tried updating Windows, and got a Code 80070002 error. We followed the Windows knowledgebase suggestion of deleting temporary update files, but this has not worked. Last Windows update was in mid-February.

We haven't successfully run either Rooter rootkit detector or Old Timer List It 2. Both programs ran for a while, then came up with a Windows No Disk error, which said Exception processing message... followed by a long string of letters and numbers. So no logs for you, I'm afraid.

Mozilla Firefox is not happy, regularly freezing after it has been used for some time.

Any suggestions?

Charles

Advertisements