Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ps3 controller won't connect to my ps3

• Please log in to reply

pharaoh

pharaoh

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
Hi Forum
I got a ps3 about a year a go and i have now had a problem with my ps3 controller.When i connected to my brother's ps3 and played a game that night then i tryed to swap it back to my ps3 and it would not connect to my ps3 and when my brother's ps3 was swiched on my controller would connect to my brother's ps3 and then i put the usb cable in to my controler and it would just charge.Please help Thank you

Pharaoh :)

Advertisements

Lmar

Lmar

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, just registered with this website to tell you because i had the same problem for ages and just found out the solution.

PS3 controllers have a memory, theres a tiny hole in the back of the controller which is a reset button. stick a paperclip in or something and then turn on ps3, put the usb in and press the ps button. should sync straight away

Maximum Rekill

Maximum Rekill

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey thanx a million this is exactly what i needed dude thanx i would never have figured that out

P-Men

P-Men

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi, just registered with this website to tell you because i had the same problem for ages and just found out the solution.

PS3 controllers have a memory, theres a tiny hole in the back of the controller which is a reset button. stick a paperclip in or something and then turn on ps3, put the usb in and press the ps button. should sync straight away

And I just registered to thank you for this!

My PS3 crashed one day horribly, and one of my controllers wasn't syncing since that.
Worst thing, I had a "party" last night with some friends, and one of us had to just sit and watch because one controller wasn't working.

Well, but now thanks to you, that won't happen next time! Thank you so much... I thought the controller was gone for good.

barama28

barama28

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everyone, I have recently bought a new Playstation 3 and I usually download games directly from playstation store online by paying for it. I only have 60gb internal hard drive space to store this games. So I just wanted to know how to backup playstation 3 games on my computer or an external hard drive? Anybody has any tips that can share with me? Thank you

Edited by dsenette, 29 July 2010 - 12:29 PM.

chris210

chris210

• Pip
  • 1 posts
man my ps3 control lights keep blinking and only blink when the usb plugged in need major help............

Desel Of Hell

Desel Of Hell

• Pip
  • 1 posts
THAT U SOOOO MUCH! AWW MAN U IS THE BEST

denny20009

denny20009

• Pip
  • 1 posts

just registered to say thanks, i thought my ps was broke

jopper22

jopper22

• Pip
  • 1 posts

just registered to say thanks, i thought my ps was broke

same goes for us ur a HERO!

wesmc2009

wesmc2009

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi there , i am having the same problem but after i reset it and do what u said , its still the same , the x doesnt seem to work iv tried calibrating it but it wont work either its only a new pad i got it as a present for christmas . help its really annoying me .

Advertisements

wesmc2009

wesmc2009

• Pip
  • 2 posts
iv done this but it still doesnt sync , any other ideas !! its fully charged and iv tried calibrating it !!

D-daddy Wags

D-daddy Wags

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Anytime I connect my controller to a USB it's good to go, but anytime i pull the USB out my controller turns off. What should I do?

00orange251

00orange251

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My usb ports won't work or something because i plug in a cord and then try to charge my controller and it won't work. I have tried with all ports but i can't connect my controllers or charge them

bigtheomeek

bigtheomeek

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i got a ps3 controller from my friend cuz mine went out. i plugged it in to the ps3 (Off) and turned the ps3 on. when the ps3 turned on, the controller lights were not blinking (it was not in charging mode) i hit the ps button on the controller and the 4 lights blink but will not sync to ps3. i've tried resetting and retrying it but nothing works. Please help, i'm hooked on "Crack" Ops and i aint been able to play for a couple days

TROPICPC

TROPICPC

• Pip
  • 1 posts
MY SON HAD THE ISSUE WHERE HE COULD NOT REGISTER HIS CONTROLLER WHEN HE HOOKED IT UP. WE HAVE A MULTI CHARGER AND HE USED THAT CABLE. WELL, SOME CHARGING DEVICES COME WITH A CABLE ONLY FOR CHARGING...NOT DATA. TRY SWAPPING OUT THE USB DATA CABLE OR BE SURE IT WAS ONE THAT CAME WITH YOUR CONTROLLER. HIT THE PS BUTTON. IF THAT DOES NOT WORK, TRY THE RESET.