Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CPU Usage 100% and Internet connects only sometimes in IE? [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

dch1314

dch1314

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
Do you need me to run anything to check to see if the Virut virus is officially out of my system?

Advertisements

dch1314

dch1314

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
wow! I installed a fresh new copy of Office Portable after scanning it and no viruses were detected. However, as soon as I used Excel (before I put all my backed up files back on the computer) when I try to close Excel the 100% cpu usage problem comes back to life. Well, I guess it wasn't the Virut virus with that so a total wipe out my system still doesn't cure the main problem....wow!

I scanned again with MBAM and no Malicious files again after the 100% cpu usage problem so what's wrong?

dch1314

dch1314

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
Even worse news! Internet Explorer is only connecting sometimes again. My computer is absolutely becoming the same as it was before minus the way I used to like it now it's just an empty computer with the same problems and I haven't even put none of my backup files on the computer yet!

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
The probability exists that the virus was on your USB. Just do the express scan with Dr Web and let me know the result. It should only take 5 minutes

Download Dr.Web CureIt to the desktop:
  • Doubleclick the drweb-cureit icon to start the program.
  • press start
  • Allow the program to run the initial express scan
  • This will scan the files currently running in memory. If something is found, click the YES button when it asks you if you want to cure it. This is only a short scan.
    Note: A pop up may appear during this phase suggesting you purchase their program - click the X at the top right corner of this pop-up to close it.
  • Once the short scan has finished, check the Complete scan box on the left side, even if nothing was found on the initial scan.
  • Then click the small green arrow button on the right under the Dr.Web Antivirus picture to start the complete scan. (This scan will take several hours)
  • During this complete scan - if Dr.Web finds an infection a window will pop up requesting your attention. Select the Cure button.
    • Note:(If the file cannot be cured, Dr.Web will automatically delete the file)
  • Once the scan is complete, on the menu bar, click file and choose report list.
  • Save the report to your desktop. The report will be called DrWeb.csv
  • Note:this report will need to be renamed to Dr.Web.txt in order to post it on the forum.
  • Close Dr.Web Cureit.
  • Please post the Dr.Web.txt report in your next reply

dch1314

dch1314

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
Well the scan was near completion but I fell asleep (it took numerous hours) when I awaken the computer was off. I was ticked off and when it comes back on I had to send error report and it took me to the website and stated this.

Blue screen error caused by a device or driver

You received this message because a hardware device, its driver, or related software has caused a blue screen error. This type of error means the computer has shut down abruptly to protect itself from potential data corruption or loss. In this case, we were unable to detect the specific device or driver that caused the problem.

So, I never got to save the list after the scan and I tried to do another scan but it completed kinda faster than the other one and said no virus detected so it wouldn't let me save either. I know when the scan was going on before I went to sleep it had a few minor virus that were detected (no Virut I seen) but I am not sure what to do now

dch1314

dch1314

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
I don't see how the Jump Drive affected my computer because like I told you I never even transferred any of my backup files back onto my computer yet so that's not even a possibility. The exact same problems are happening (IE connects only sometimes,100% CPU Usage & now Blue Screen Error). I could have saved pretty much everything on my computer if it wasn't the Virut virus because if the same problems is happening obviously it wasn't the Virut virus because I wiped out my hard drive. I don't know if it's a problem with Firefox being my default browser which makes IE connects only sometimes and if Excel Portable is not good for my computer which makes 100% CPU Usage I have no idea but if you still believe it's Virut virus that's affecting the computer why is it still acting the exact same way? My computer is pretty much the way it was when I got it 1st day except I removed alot of the programs I won't use, got rid of Norton and got my AVG and once my computer was protected I downloaded Portable again (after scanning the file and no virus were detected).

dch1314

dch1314

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
As an update the computer is getting even worse as we speak, when I search anything in the search engines and I click one of the results it takes me to new tab and it pops up with either PC Health tools or Best Web Choices and the result I click on never comes up. Also, MBAM will not sun anymore so I uninstalled it to re-download it but now the setup file when I double click it says Run (when I click run) nothing ever happens after that. Also, when my computer just Blue Screen shut off and it came back on I open IE and it ask me would I like to restore session and when I click that it opens up like 25 pages. What's going on?

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Your flash drive was infected and you have now re-infected your computer. At least you had not put any of your data back on this sytem. You need to get rid of the virus from the flash drive by reformating it - or better yet destroy it. Looks like a reformat again

I tried to open my Microsoft Office Portbable Excel and my AVG poped up with a Trojan warning and it deleted the files off my computer

This was virut coming back probably

dch1314

dch1314

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
Okay, I don't see how to reformat it but I will try and do that now. I don't mind destructive reformatting again I barely put any of my files on here yet anyway. Once I reformat it I will let you know. Should I reformat the flash drive and then do the destructive recovery and then come back here?

dch1314

dch1314

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
Okay, I was able to reformat the Jump Drive so now do I go for the destructive recovery again? Also, once I do the recovery should I go to Microsoft and get all the updates like I did before?

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Yes then before you restore you backup programmes scan them with Dr Web. If they are on cd insert the disc but do not let it run - then scan. Same with any other media that contains data from your old system

dch1314

dch1314

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
well I reformatted the Jump Drive and using my other computer I got a fresh copy of AVG so when I recover I can install it. Should I not put the fresh copy of AVG setup file on the reformatted Jump Drive?

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Yes get it fresh no point in taking chances

dch1314

dch1314

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
After doing the destructive recovery again, having both the CD with some backup files on and the Jump drive inserted but not running. I ran Dr. Web scan and here is the report it came with after the scan. I am now updating through Microsoft Update after scan I installed my fresh copy of AVG so now I am doing all the updates but here is the report.

KillWind.exe;C:\hp\bin;Tool.ProcessKill;Incurable.Deleted.;
inetchk.exe;C:\Program Files\music_now;Trojan.Click.2093;Deleted.;
TSsetup.exe\data002;C:\Program Files\Online Services\Aol\Canada\comps\tpspd\TSsetup.exe;Probably DLOADER.Trojan;;
TSsetup.exe;C:\Program Files\Online Services\Aol\Canada\comps\tpspd;Archive contains infected objects;Moved.;
AOLCINST.EXE\core.cab\GTDOWNAO_106.ocx;C:\Program Files\Online Services\Aol\United States\AOL90\COMPS\COACH\AOLCINST.EXE;Adware.Gdown;;
AOLCINST.EXE;C:\Program Files\Online Services\Aol\United States\AOL90\COMPS\COACH;Archive contains infected objects;Moved.;
TSsetup.exe\data002;C:\Program Files\Online Services\Canada\AOL-MAX\comps\tpspd\TSsetup.exe;Probably DLOADER.Trojan;;
TSsetup.exe;C:\Program Files\Online Services\Canada\AOL-MAX\comps\tpspd;Archive contains infected objects;Moved.;
PPCInstall.dll;C:\Program Files\Online Services\PeoplePC;Probably STPAGE.Trojan;Incurable.Deleted.;
A0000077.exe;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{00EFF98B-5705-4D9A-BA78-7681A60AFB54}\RP0;Trojan.Click.2093;Deleted.;
A0000078.exe\data002;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{00EFF98B-5705-4D9A-BA78-7681A60AFB54}\RP0\A0000078.exe;Probably DLOADER.Trojan;;
A0000078.exe;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{00EFF98B-5705-4D9A-BA78-7681A60AFB54}\RP0;Archive contains infected objects;Moved.;
A0000079.EXE\core.cab\GTDOWNAO_106.ocx;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{00EFF98B-5705-4D9A-BA78-7681A60AFB54}\RP0\A0000079.EXE;Adware.Gdown;;
A0000079.EXE;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{00EFF98B-5705-4D9A-BA78-7681A60AFB54}\RP0;Archive contains infected objects;Moved.;
A0000080.exe\data002;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{00EFF98B-5705-4D9A-BA78-7681A60AFB54}\RP0\A0000080.exe;Probably DLOADER.Trojan;;
A0000080.exe;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{00EFF98B-5705-4D9A-BA78-7681A60AFB54}\RP0;Archive contains infected objects;Moved.;
sb6adts.htc\Script.0;C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\helpctr\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\Scripts\sb6adts.htc;Probably SCRIPT.Virus;;
sb6adts.htc;C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\helpctr\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\Scripts;Container contains infected objects;Moved.;

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Keep me informed of your progress