Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bottom Taskbar won't work

• Please log in to reply

alex1981

alex1981

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hello, I am not sure what went wrong but suddenly the taskbar at the bottom of the screen won't work, everytime I click it a bell rings and its frozen. Computer is fairly new so I haven't created any restore points yet. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Advertisements

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Hello!

Thank you for your patience.

We are going to do System File Checker. I seem to think you have a Windows Explorer (explorer.exe) corruption.

System File Checker is a Windows utility to verify the integrity of Windows System Files and restores corruptions of Windows System Files. System File Checker is a software that is directly supported by Windows File Protection. Windows File Protection is not included in Windows Vista. Instead, Windows Vista has Windows Resource Protection. Windows Vista now can scan for and repair damaged registry keys. If any file changes are made to WinLogon (Windows Logon), then Windows Resource Protection will run to make sure files are still safe.

To run System File Checker manually, Please click start, then enter in the search box CMD, then right click on CMD (appears in the start menu window to the left) and click Run as Administrator.

In the command prompt windows, please enter the following text and press enter:

sfc /scannow

Let it run. If it disappears after a little while, it ran successfully. Please restart your computer and tell of the results, if any.