Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Comcast landline phone service

• Please log in to reply

diggeryo

diggeryo

• PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Does anyone know if Comcast offers a landline phone service? I live in the Philadelphia, PA area.

I was on the phone with a Comcast agent this morning regarding an unrelated problem, and they asked me if I would be interested in their phone service. I told them I wasn't interested in VOIP, but they said this wasn't VOIP but rather a landline service. The price they said it was being offered for was great. But I wanted to do some research first, because I've never heard of Comcast offering landline phone service.

I couldn't find anything on google or even on Comcast's website. As a matter of fact, the price they quoted me on the phone was the same as the price for the Comcast Digital Voice listed on Comcast's website.

Does anyone have any info?

thanks,
mike.

Advertisements

SongCloud

SongCloud

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
AFAIK, Comcast only offers VOIP through their Digital Voice package, at least in my area (Chicago, IL).

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Comcast Digital Voice IS their landline service. :) Instead of connecting through a phone jack in the wall, the phone cord is plugged right into the back of your cable modem. Yes - PHONE CORD. You use any standard telephone you choose.

I've been using Comcast's Triple Play package (internet, PHONE and tv) for a few years now - and have never once had any issues with any of them. The phone service is excellent. YOu cannot tell that you aren't using something from AT&T or any other "regular" phone service. The main difference is that the price is WAY less usually. It's an excellent service, and I honestly recommend it.