Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Enhance a Audio Recording?

• Please log in to reply

CamTheMan

CamTheMan

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
Hi,

I recorded a meeting however you can barle ymake out what the person is saying. Is there something I can buy to enhance this audio clip?

Thank you!

Cam

Advertisements

shannianni

shannianni

• PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
Hi cam

If you have recorded the meeting and can hardly hear what the guy is saying then it has been recorded with the sound at low level.
there is no program that i know of the will enhance the sound, try to use a program like sound forge 9 this may do something as it has certain plugins and filters that may help.
It can make the recording louder but this will also make the background noise louder and thus may not produce the results that you require.
in future try to have the mic or recorder closer to the person or persons.

Here is a link to a trial version
http://www.softpedia...und-Forge.shtml

Hope this helps :)

Edited by shannianni, 18 April 2009 - 02:53 AM.

CamTheMan

CamTheMan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
Thanks for your reply Shannianni,

I was fooling around with Adobe Audition 3 and I got it to sound better, but the filter I used added a echoy sound to the person talking. Have any recommendations on how to fix that?

Best regards,
Cam

shannianni

shannianni

• PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
hi cam

if you have added an echo to the sound then the only way to rid it wiuld be to start again with the lowered sound, and using the same filter tweek the output until the echo is minimal.
if you have a copy i will have a go for you, i mix and remix alot for several dj only companys and several radio stations.
here is my - my space have a look
http://www.myspace.com/stoddmixing

also the dj company i mix for
http://www.dmcdownlo...f 2/download/52

disc 1 track 6
ian sweeney :)

CamTheMan

CamTheMan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
That's is awesome, I'm glad you know what your doing. Well I think I'll just have us record the meeting again and be sure it sound right before continuing.

Thank you again for your help I really appreciate it.

Jonesey

Jonesey

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
Try using the Freeware audio editor Goldwave - it's got a load of useful tools for audio manipulation.

There's no substitute for well recorded, healthy signal, but you might be able to filter out some of the rubbish so the signal can be boosted without boosting too much of the "mud" with it.

You could also try using a device/software know as an expander - basically it will raise the level of the wanted signal and lower it during the pauses.

The only real way is to re-record the interview, with a decent mic, pre-amp, pop-filter, souncard.......