Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2003 problem

• Please log in to reply

Rowenna

Rowenna

• Pip
  • 1 posts
One of my users has accidently imported an old backup .pst file instead of exporting the latest version of his mailbox. This shouldn't be problem except that all the data on his tasks added since the last backup has disappeared - overwritten by the import!

As far as I know when you import a .pst file it is simply added to what's in the mailbox already except for duplicate items. I am wondering if this is a bug in Outlook 2003 and if anyone else has encountered this. Also if there is any way to roll back the import since a lot of very important information has gone awol!

Suggestions welcome!

Oh yeah, have looked at the Microsoft site but they have no information on this issue

Advertisements