After I ran the system restore, I immediately got the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue screen. The first time I got it, the Stop Code was:
0x0000000A (0x00000000 0x00000002 0x00000001 0x8204180C)
Since then, it seems to have changed to the same except for the last code:
0x0000000A (0x00000000 0x00000002 0x00000001 0x8208F80C).
Some info on my situation:
- AS FAR AS I AM AWARE, I have not installed any new drivers for anything, except maybe my printer updated its drivers. My printer has acted strangely, sometimes updating itself constantly, so I am not sure if this is the issue. The only thing I can think of besides my printer would be installing Malwarebytes tool when I was trying to find the bloodhound exploit.
- I CAN ONLY BOOT UP IN SAFE MODE W/NETWORKING/CMD. I can't boot normally, I can't boot with Last Known Good Configuration, I can't boot Reapiring the System without it going to BSOD.
- I have been suggested to try and download the BIOS update from Dell.com, but it gived me a Flash error when I try to run the .EXE:
Windows Error Return: 0x0000043C
This may mean I cannot run the update while in Safe Mode.
- I cannot access My Printers and Faxes to uninstall my printer driver because I am in Safe Mode.
- I performed a full System Diagnostics, and it said I didn't have any problems.
I am getting sick of having to run my computer in Safe Mode and having limited capabilities, and my IT support hasn't found out what's wrong. The last thing I might mention is that I ran a Windows Update a few days before, and when I System Restored, it might have gone before the Windows Update time. Maybe the update had to delete some files to update, but when I system resotred, it went before the updates and now there is a file missing. I HAVE NO IDEA what's wrong with my system, and would like to know if there is any way possible to diagnose it.