Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

EXPLOERE.EXE BAD IMAGE ERROR

• Please log in to reply

chachapino

chachapino

• Pip
  • 1 posts
at reboot on my toshiba windows xp my computer comes up with at least 3 of these errors... I recently ran an anti-malware program on my computer and it removed some spyware it found:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.32
Database version: 1635
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

4/29/2009 3:33:48 PM
mbam-log-2009-04-29 (15-33-48).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 124192
Time elapsed: 2 hour(s), 25 minute(s), 46 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 5
Registry Keys Infected: 7
Registry Values Infected: 5
Registry Data Items Infected: 5
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 6

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hopejume.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\geyumeso.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tuzoyefo.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\natimobo.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vimekege.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{ffb83e22-b306-4127-9570-2ee432e59455} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{ffb83e22-b306-4127-9570-2ee432e59455} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{ec43e3fd-5c60-46a6-97d7-e0b85dbdd6c4} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{ffb83e22-b306-4127-9570-2ee432e59455} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\contim (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\dslcnnct (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\rdfa (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\e4d0b5b2 (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\dubejerejo (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\cpme7e3862e (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler\{ec43e3fd-5c60-46a6-97d7-e0b85dbdd6c4} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad\ssodl (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\hopejume.dll -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Notification Packages (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\hopejume.dll -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Data: system32\hopejume.dll -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\tuzoyefo.dll -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Data: system32\tuzoyefo.dll -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\geyumeso.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\natimobo.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tuzoyefo.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vimekege.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hopejume.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vijeteke.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

After reboot I subsequently received these error messages about "bad image" and to look on my diskette...not sure what i should do...oh and when i surf the internet i still get massive amounts of pop ups which is the reason i ran the anti malware program to begin with...any help would be appreciated, please be patient with me I'm not so slick with computers...

Advertisements