Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malware or Virus - Please help

• Please log in to reply

theeyethatalters

theeyethatalters

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, I've got some sort of virus or malware in my computer. It's a Gateway Laptop, and pop ups keep constantly coming up and some of them won't close, and Mozilla or IE only work if I open them as soon as I start my computer, and if I close it or go to open it after that it won't open, and will say that there is one already open, and that I need to shut the other process and try and open a new, which is of course not the case, I open tskmngr and there is no Mozilla or IE processes. I ran AVG Free and it came up with nothing, but I ran another program that told me I've got Trojan Virtum-Gen. I ran Hijack this and attached the log in screen shots. I would of attached an Analyze This, but it wouldn't load. Thanks for any help at all. A lot.
Here are the first bit of results, the second is on the consecutive post.
4.jpg

Edited by theeyethatalters, 04 May 2009 - 04:54 PM.

Advertisements

theeyethatalters

theeyethatalters

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Second portion of the Hijack This log results.

5.jpg

Can anyone help? Any is greatly appreciated.

Edited by theeyethatalters, 05 May 2009 - 10:42 AM.

theeyethatalters

theeyethatalters

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I wasn't positive whether or not the program that told me part of it was Virtum Gen Trojan was legit or not, because it was one of those ones that shows you a million things that nothing else does and tells you to buy it and it will fix it. The program is Webroot Spysweeper, I don't know if you guys think it's legit or not, if so I'll post the rest of the results from it.