Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista saving problem.

• Please log in to reply

justgreco

justgreco

• Pip
  • 1 posts
guys i need your help, i'm not really techy or anything nor do i frequent the forums (so i'm not sure if i posted this in the right forum), but i have a problem.

Here's a screen shot. http://i41.tinypic.com/174rvc.jpg
Whenever i save a file my usual drive C and drive D also my removable disk icon is not listed D:. I'd have to manually type the location coz i opt not to use the left most part buttons. can anyone tell me what to do to get these things to default? usually i just click the down arrow and select the location...now i can't do that anymore...he

my folders are the ones that get listed...i dont know why D: also websites....like mangafox, google searches D:. how put it back in default?

anyone....please help me.

thank you.

greco

Advertisements

IrrevocableXenophile

IrrevocableXenophile

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
Hey there justgreco.
After reading your post maybe 5 times.. finally realizing what your question was.. (haha)
I suppose all the things being shown are favorites and history pages. So I'm currently in the process of finding out how to change the default to show just the disks and folders. But, for now, what you can do is:

1: Right click the Vista Logo/Start Button
2: Choose Properties
3: On top, choose the "Start Menu" tab
4: Uncheck "Store and display a list of recently opened files" and "Store and display a list of recently opened programs".
5: Apply and Exit.

This apparently will make the dropdown menu when you save something, completely empty. Then for the last time, type in the location you generally save things in, and save it there. Next time it will come up as that place.

There's probably an option to personalize what drives you want displayed in that menu.. I'll keep looking, and keep you posted. If you find out, be sure to post it here so I know as well.

-Tony