Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System failure that continually loops

• Please log in to reply

TODoubleD

TODoubleD

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My PC got a hacker virus that continuesly rerouted me to a certain page anytime I opened my browser. After receiving that I got a Trojan virus that was localized in my Win32 folder. I used firefox mobile and downloaded..."bit...something" it was a free spyware. It destrroyed most of the infections, but this is where the problem started...

The PC started acting sluggish and will now not even boot up. I get the Windows screen and it starts to boot, but then it goes to the HP screen & starts the process over and over. I tried reinstalling and repairing the operating system w/ the XP disc and it never worked. I need very important files off the HP HD that were backed up, but got corrupted In the transfer to my portable hd. My IT friend told me of a device that can be connected to a working PC and necessary files transferred, off a bad PC, but will this work on a PC HD that won't boot into windows? He said it should work if I connect the bad laptop to the PC w/ said cable and download Malware Bytes on the working PC and it will scan and transfer the files of the bad PC's HD. I really need to get my 138 recorded dives off my dive computer software on the bad PC and can't afford to pay for a HD recovery by a professional company. Can anyone please help me?

Advertisements