Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Major Computer STD

• Please log in to reply

thejdaddy

thejdaddy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So here's the scoop, the other day my computer got some nasty nuclear bomb virus. Here's the list of problems.

a) My desktop doesn't show up. I see the background, but I can't get the start menu or any items. However, by searching on my roommate's computer, I found that by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete and going to New Task and renaming Explorer to Texplorer, I can open up my folders and get to my stuff. I backed up some things onto a flash drive first thing, but then comes the next problem.

b) I can't install anti-virus software. My roommate put one onto my flash drive, but it will not open.

c) I also cannot get to anti-virus program websites. Somehow I snuck into one and downloaded a program, but like the one above, it will not open. It opens saying that it will start the process in a second, and then nothing happens. From this point on when I try to get into anti-virus websites, including HouseCall, it refuses to take me to those websites.

d) I can't open Safe Mode. At all. It gives me the option, but it doesn't actually load it up.

e) I don't have the Restore Disks. I got this computer from my cousin who said she couldn't find the disks. Fudge.

Also, for reference, this is the virus that comes out of nowhere and pretends to be the computer by continuing to inform me that I have a virus. Whoever came up with it is pretty good and obnoxious, as much of a butthole as they are.

With all these problems, is there any way out of this or is this AIDS for my computer?

Thank you.

Advertisements