Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Infection traveling from one computer to the next via network?

• Please log in to reply

brose5566

brose5566

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
I've been receiving help on a malware problem I have on my main computer, which is connected via LAN to my network. The thread I've been receiving help in is here.

I have a fairly unimportant laptop that connects to this network wirelessly, and it appears that it has inherited the malware infections I had on my main system. I assume that my malware infections (explained within the thread I linked above) traveled via my network to this laptop.

I have a more important laptop that I use for work that I have not yet connected to this network. However, I really need to soon. How do I make sure viruses cannot travel over my network to this laptop? Is it simply a matter of rebooting the router?

Advertisements

brose5566

brose5566

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Please help me :)