Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Disc Drive problems.

• Please log in to reply

Jordan93

Jordan93

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Well I've had alot of virus problems in the past few months, and I still have them now. They're pretty much eating my computer up. The only solution I can think of for this problem would be to format. There's one huge problem with that though...My disc drive isn't working for some reason.

Probably a little over a month ago I was playing FF7 on my computer with the disc in. It was fine for a few days then one day the CD wasn't working and I couldn't play the game. So I tried opening the disc drive and it wouldn't open. So I restarted my comp and managed to take out the CD during boot-up. Ever since this happened though any disc I put in doesn't work. I didn't think it was virus related at first, but what really makes me think the virus is causing it is because a while after it's also killed my Floppy Drive + Removable storage drives. USB's work to a certain extent. Keyboard/Internet/Mouse, all these things work normally, but when I plug my MP3 player in to put music on nothing happens.

These virus's have screwed up my comp in many other ways aswell. I cannot use a newer version of msn anymore, they simply won't sign in, I'm stuck using Windows messenger. Recently a virus killed my system restore, it's not creating any new restore points and I can't restore to the old ones. Also more recently I'm stuck with this annoying "Malware Doctor v.1.0" thing that keeps popping up, this program has disabled my task manager so I can't use that now. Another virus screwed up my background too, I'm not able to set a new desktop background image anymore.

So yeah, my computer is really messed up. I've run many different antivirus's and done a scan before my comp booted with Avast antivirus multiple times. I may have missed some things or not described it the best, so just ask if you have any questions. If anyone can help me fix any of these problems, preferably the disk drive problem so I can format, it would be great.

Advertisements